• BREAKING NEWS
  • Khedira:"Real Madrid will bounce back against Manchester City"
  • Emanuelson "all hell will break loose" if Milan fail to beat Anderlecht
  • Girard: I want Montpellier fans to give Arsenal players hell
  • Manchester United is the most valuable club in sport by Forbes Magazine with a value of £1.43billion
  • Barcelona have reportedly offered €60m for Brazilian starlet Neymar
  • Luuk De Jong signs 5 years contract with Borussia,M'Gladbach will pay €15 M to Dutch side
  • Manchester City and Barcelona are interested in Falcao who might cost them more than €40 million
  • Guardiola agent rubbishes Russia links
  • David Beckham Suspended by MLS Committee
  • Thiago Silva, Hulk make Brazil's Olympic squad
  • Robin van Persie to Juventus?‎
  • Diego Forlan signs with Internacional
  • Tottenham Hotspur Could Be Set For £200m Investment
  • Luis Van Gaal is the coach of the Netherlands national team
  • Man United & Man City On red alert as Inter Milan admit that Sneijder sale is a possibility
  • Inter captured Handanovic and Matias Silvestre
  • Bayern offers €25 million for Martinez

AC MILAN Macedonia Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Maldini: " I will retire with Moscow crown"

Paolo "El capitano" Maldini spoke about his season so far and about his wishes how does his fantastic carrier to end. His debut game was 23 years ago, in 1985 and he will retire at the end of this season. He also said that he would love to remain at the club after his retirement and work at Milan's management.

"I am not afraid of this step [retirement], as I had plenty of time to think about it. I will certainly have to change my day to day habits and find a different type of work. I will miss the daily training sessions and experiencing things in a group of 50 people. Perhaps I’ll collapse completely,I cannot ask for more than I have had from my career. I would like to keep working with Milan,” he revealed. “My youngest son thought I had already stopped playing when we went on our Christmas holiday to Miami. The eldest knows what’s going on and would like me to carry on, but… I love this sport, training and working with a team, but I cannot ask for more than I have had from my career.
I would like to continue living in my city and hopefully working with Milan, putting my experience at the club’s disposal. I think there is room for many options, as the experience of former players who competed at the top level can be useful, we’ll decide together with Adriano Galliani and President Silvio Berlusconi. I would like to have an active role, though, and not just a ceremonial position.”

He also said some special words about Milan newcomer Alexandre Pato:

He has great technique and a remarkable ability to move the ball from his right foot to his left and shoot in a matter of seconds, he has extraordinary physical presence for an 18-year-old. The important thing is to play and in these six months he has never been able to play a real game, so that did not help his integration.
He also couldn't hide the answer about the question how will his carrier end:
"I will retire in Moscow with Champions League trophy in my hands"

Source: Goal.com - http://www.goal.com (Derek Wanner)Goal.com - http://www.goal.com (Derek Wanner)


No comments: