• BREAKING NEWS
  • Khedira:"Real Madrid will bounce back against Manchester City"
  • Emanuelson "all hell will break loose" if Milan fail to beat Anderlecht
  • Girard: I want Montpellier fans to give Arsenal players hell
  • Manchester United is the most valuable club in sport by Forbes Magazine with a value of £1.43billion
  • Barcelona have reportedly offered €60m for Brazilian starlet Neymar
  • Luuk De Jong signs 5 years contract with Borussia,M'Gladbach will pay €15 M to Dutch side
  • Manchester City and Barcelona are interested in Falcao who might cost them more than €40 million
  • Guardiola agent rubbishes Russia links
  • David Beckham Suspended by MLS Committee
  • Thiago Silva, Hulk make Brazil's Olympic squad
  • Robin van Persie to Juventus?‎
  • Diego Forlan signs with Internacional
  • Tottenham Hotspur Could Be Set For £200m Investment
  • Luis Van Gaal is the coach of the Netherlands national team
  • Man United & Man City On red alert as Inter Milan admit that Sneijder sale is a possibility
  • Inter captured Handanovic and Matias Silvestre
  • Bayern offers €25 million for Martinez

AC MILAN Macedonia Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thiago Silva wanted to stay in Milan


  
Thiago Silva has insisted that he didn’t request a transfer from Milan to Paris Saint-Germain. “I had just renewed my contract.”
The Brazilian has been sold to PSG for €42m and he’ll be joined by Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the Swede completed his switch on Wednesday.


“I’m happy with the transfer, but sad that I have had to say goodbye to Milan,” he said from Brazil’s Olympic training camp.


“I experienced some strong emotions there. It is a club which dedicates itself to its players and the squad – I owe them everything.


“My transfer to Paris was not a decision taken by me – that’s 100 per cent certain – after all, I had just extended my contract.
People who understand about football know how things went and it was a complicated matter for me. It was my desire, and that of my family, to not leave Milan. I’m not going to PSG to earn more money. I’m not a mercenary, but I want to say sorry to the Milan fans.”


It was only after Silva discussed the French club’s ambitions with PSG sporting director Leonardo, his former boss at Milan, that he gave the move the green light.


“Leonardo and Carlo Ancelotti phoned me and I have great affection and respect for Leonardo,” the stopper added.


“Their project was what pushed me to change clubs. As Ibrahimovic has said, they are building a dream team. I want to make history with the club.”

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets


No comments: